A public internet forum - talking from behind your keyboard

Report a bug, or request a feature...

Moderator: mark

jessef
Vehicle: JDM flavour of the month

A public internet forum - talking from behind your keyboard

Post by jessef »

There are members on delica.ca that speak openly via this forum/public speaking tool from behind their keyboard as if it's hidden from government/law enforcement entities.

This is far from reality.

Some of the things people say are outrageously incriminating, slandering and verbally attacking others.

I would really suggest taking a step back and thinking about what some people write down in this forum.

Arguing and opinion differences is one thing, but being caught in a downright lie or incriminating one's self can be used in a courtroom or legal action down the road.

Something to chew on for those that are simply unaware of this.
nxski
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1991 Delica L300 Super Exceed

Re: A public internet forum - talking from behind your keybo

Post by nxski »

Very good point there! When I posted my 'speed test' thread I made sure to outline rules so others would make sure there was no incriminating information. I have no problem talking about illegal things I've done either in person or online but always make sure there is no evidence of actually having done said things.
Live the life you love, love the life you live...

Had: 1991 Mitsubishi Delica L300 SuperExceed, heavily modified (totalled by a drunk driver)
Have: 2011 Acura CSX manual, lightly modified
Want: Mitsubishi Pajero Evo

http://nes-design-construction.com
http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/nicolas-spurling/46/b48/924

Nicola Spurling
thedjjack
Member's Photo Album: ucp.php?i=164
Vehicle: 1989 L300 HITOP!!

Post by thedjjack »

X2

NXSKI remember I have not seen your Delica in person and knew!!!
jessef
Vehicle: JDM flavour of the month

Post by jessef »

Since the one single rule on this forum is not being enforced at all, this forum is without any rules. Members can do as they please and moderation has been biased and not consistent.

Because of this, I really encourage members to police their own words, otherwise some people can find themselves up to their necks in sand.

99% of members have good intentions when signing onto this forum and out of those 99%, 100% of them either contribute or take advice silently(lurkering - nothing wrong with that).

:? The 1%, well what can you say. The moderators should have banned that 1%. You can only give so many warnings.
Profister
Vehicle: 1999 PE8W Chamonix, EFI

Post by Profister »

From delicaclub.ru; this is an automated translation.
http://www.delicaclub.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=683

1. Forum Rules DelicaClub.ru:
1.1. Forum rules listed below are binding on all participants of the forum, without exception.
1.2. The rules of the individual forums are in addition to the general rules of the forum.
1.3. The administration reserves the right to change the rules without notice. Additions and changes to the rules take effect upon publication.
1.4. Duty time to track changes in the rules is on its participants. Ignorance of the rules does not relieve participants of the forum from liability for their violation.

2. Registration:
2.1. Registration is free and is done free of charge. Fill out the registration form should include your valid e-mail address to receive confirmation. To prevent spam bots registering, completing the activation procedure is carried out by the administrator.
2.2. You may not use the forums to display the name (login name), a signature containing foul language, website addresses, e-mail, meaningless usernames that resemble a combination of random characters, etc.
2.3. The profile must specify the model of your vehicle, engine type, transmission, year of release. Example: PE8W, 4M40, Automatic, 1997, etc., your location (country, republic, city), as well as gender and age (for difficult to communicate with someone unknown, unknown origin, and other conference participants can not help elementary board due to insufficient information about the questioner and the model of his car, engine).

3. General:
3.1. Using materials of the conference is permitted only when referring to the conference as a source of information, as well as the name (alias) and e-mail address (if available) of author information.
3.2. Before you can create new topics, be sure to use SEARCH . Read the section of FAQ (FAQ) . Perhaps what you want to ask has already been discussed on the forum. So you will save precious time for yourself and others.
3.3. When creating a topic, remember that the name "4M40, is blue smoke" in the future much easier to find by searching "4M40" and "blue smoke" than the topic of "Motor smoke, pamagite! HELP !!!", is subject header should more fully reflect the essence of the problem .
3.4. Try to write competently. Check written messages before you send them.
3.5. While composing the message, avoid excessive quoting. It is difficult to read messages and unnecessarily loads the theme.
3.6. If you are a registered member of the conference, you can edit a post on their own within 2 days. By editing the implied correction message, and do not remove the message body or change its meaning.

4. Prohibited:
4.1. Offend anyone, directly or indirectly, to express disrespect or be rude to the forum, use abusive language (directly and covertly), mat and other abuse.
4.2. Create messages that violate the legislation of the Russian Federation, as well as the rules of morality and public morality. 4.3. Manifest religious, racial, regional, gender and other discrimination or intolerance (eg,YAPI-> JAPANESE , etc.)
4.4. Advertise in messages, signatures or avatars for any goods and services without a special permission of the forum administration.
4.5. Create the same theme or message.
4.6. Post to questions for which answers are given in Section FAQ (FAQ) .
4.7. Create new threads with titles that do not reflect the essence of the problem or question (do not start with those words «Help!», «Trouble!!!" Help! "" Ah-ah-ah-ah! "Etc. , do not use excessive jewelry, such as "_ ~ = my_cool_topic =~_»).
4.8. To talk on "free subjects" (flame), new threads are not relevant to this section of the forum, or send messages that do not match the discussion topic (Offtopic) except section chatter that is specially designed for Flame.
4.9. Create messages which do not carry a specific meaning in the context of the burden of the topic (flood).
4.10. Create a message containing "afftarskuyu" speech, "Albanian language", specially made ​​mistakes, not maliciously comply with the rules of the Russian language.
4.11. Compose messages in CAPITAL or uppercase and lowercase letters mixed up ("That's the way"), over-allocation of text to highlight in bold, italics, underline, different from the standard message forum color, font, font size.
4.12. Create signatures in links to sites that do not meet the forum topic, if you have not received a special permit issued by the Forum, as well as how to use a signature, containing more than 3 lines, as well as design, as set out in p.4.11.
4.13. Raise the topic if the question response was not received in a timely manner, especially in the ads. In the case of raising the subject of the message type "up", followed by an immediate ban (disable the user from the conference by name or IP-address).
4.14. Discuss the actions moderators or administrators in any other way, except for personal messages or e-mail.

5. Not recommended:
5.1. Write transliterated as it is uncomfortable to read. There are methods that allow you to convert transliterated into Cyrillic. The administration reserves the right to close threads where users are constantly writing and transliteration rules ignore this item.
5.2. Create avatars, signatures and messages of political or religious themes.
5.3. Create a signature in any language except English and Russian. Russian-speaking users of the forum need to understand what is written other forum members. English is the international language.

6. Administration and moderation:
6.1. Administrators and moderators have the right to edit, move, close, and delete messages and themes that do not satisfy the rules of the forum, change personal information of users and make them notice.
6.2. Administrators and moderators have the right to pre-emptive of treating certain points of forum rules in the case of statements about the presence of double meaning in these paragraphs from the user.
6.3. Moderator action may be appealed only by the administrator and only through personal messages .
6.4. Forum administration's decision is final and not appealable.

Believe me these rules are being aggressively enforced 24/7!
Last edited by Profister on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nxski

Post by nxski »

thedjjack wrote:X2

NXSKI remember I have not seen your Delica in person and knew!!!
I know, I slipped up a while back, I'm going to search for that post when I'm on a computer.

Had: 1991 Mitsubishi Delica L300 SuperExceed, heavily modified (totalled by a drunk driver)

Nicola Spurling
thedjjack

Post by thedjjack »

Remember the Batman rims are technically legal LOL
nxski

Post by nxski »

thedjjack wrote:Remember the Batman rims are technically legal LOL

Those rims are too awesome to not be legal :-D

Nicola Spurling
psilosin
Vehicle: L400

Post by psilosin »

Minions of the Federal Government have been among us for quite some time and post on this site frequently as a matter of fact...mostly on coffee breaks...mostly. Tinfoil hats will not protect you! 8-)
thedjjack

Post by thedjjack »

psilosin wrote:Minions of the Federal Government have been among us for quite some time and post on this site frequently as a matter of fact...mostly on coffee breaks...mostly. Tinfoil hats will not protect you! 8-)
:o :o Psilosin you posted at 3:19 which is pretty government coffee break time...just saying :o :o
FalcoColumbarius
Site Admin
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/index.php?cat=11103
Vehicle: Delica; Chamonix GLX ('92 P25W)

Post by FalcoColumbarius »

You know it's pretty hard to have that home community feeling when the club's rule book is akin to a military constitutional list of amendments.

There is a member in Delica Canada that suggested that DC be like Delica Club Australia, "who don't put up with any crap". And they were right. In fact I am often in touch with an admin from DCA and I can tell you right now that the person in question would have been suspended for: Trolling; Mod Bashing; Plagiarism; Slanderous Comments; Posting Hidden Agendas whilst hiding behind the Rules of the Board so as to bait other members into a "flame" fight ~ to name but a few. Then there are the reports I have received from other members who this person has approached about starting a new club but first undermining Delica Canada.

This is pretty serious stuff, to be sure.

But what about the community? What about that utopian philosophy of a self policing community where courtesy reigns the club? If someone strays from the communal path ~ should we flog them? Throw them in the brig without water for a week? Or should we practice Tolerance? I've got to admit ~ Tolerance can be the challenging path to take. I guess that is the true test of a man.

Should we run Delica Canada with the teachings of the Dalai Lama or should we rule the club with a club, like Capt. William Bligh?

What do you think?

Falco.

P.S.: I have moved this thread into Site Suggestions as it really has more to do with Feed Back than General Discussion.
Sent from my smart pad, using a pen.

Seek Beauty... Image Good Ship Miss Lil' Bitchi

...... Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. ~ Japanese Proverb
nxski

Post by nxski »

I'm inclined to think that tolerance is the best approach to take when possible. It's definitely difficult to keep this attitude when others challenge it though. Perhaps a 3 strikes type of warning system would allow for members who have strayed from the proverbial path to return without having to ban them. 1st strike could be a polite reminder of how the forum is meant to operate, second strike could be a warning that they only have one more chance and if they can't play within the rules they will be banned, 3rd strike would be the ban accompanied with a valid reason.

Nicola Spurling
mararmeisto
Vehicle: 2018 Ram EcoDiesel

Post by mararmeisto »

psilosin wrote:Minions of the Federal Government have been among us for quite some time and post on this site frequently as a matter of fact...mostly on coffee breaks...mostly. Tinfoil hats will not protect you! 8-)
Government agents infiltrating this public forum? :shock:

What about the secret military agents... oh dang, I wasn't supposed to type that... BLAM! That was close - I gotta go now.
JPL
I still miss my '94 Pajero!
thedjjack

Post by thedjjack »

I think they get three warnings and then have to donate their Delica to me...Sounds good to me!
mararmeisto
Vehicle: 2018 Ram EcoDiesel

Post by mararmeisto »

thedjjack wrote:I think they get three warnings and then have to donate their Delica to me...Sounds good to me!
I thought you only took old Chevy parts...
JPL
I still miss my '94 Pajero!

Return to “Site Suggestions & General Feedback”