Want to buy!!

konadog
Vehicle: 1992 GLX L-300

Re: Want to buy!!

Post by konadog »

Don't let low numbers on the odometer sell you on a bus. There are far more important issues at play when getting a deli. Low kms mean that either the bus has been sitting at idle in city traffic for years, or worse it has simply been rotting, neglected and under used in someone's driveway. Far better to get one that has been driven and maintained - and no matter what its past life or condition when it arrives from Japan, it needs a refit - timing belt, tensioners etc. etc. Good luck with the hunt - will be watching for pictures of the one you end up with :-D :M
Happy Day!
cinjay
Vehicle: 1994 L300 Super Exceed

Post by cinjay »

Ok! I will keep that in mind, while I am out hunting.
I will post a pic if we find one :-D

Thanks konadog :-)
cinjay

Post by cinjay »

Well... back at work now. We had a great trip out to the coast. Met with many Deli owners, sat in a lot of Vans, and had all our questions and concerns answered :-D We gave Mardy our deposit, and are now anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Deli! Wow! can't wait to see it!

Thanks everyone!
Jason
Jungle Jon
Vehicle: Toyota Tacoma

Post by Jungle Jon »

Congrats Jason! See you at the next meet. What colour did you get?
cinjay

Post by cinjay »

On hold is a Blue/Grey Feb. 1994 Delica Super Exceed with 93,000kms. Mardy sent me a couple of pics(Cant figure out how to post them though :? ). Looks like it has some wheel well flares, and of course " Top of the line " as Mardy would say. :-D Cant wait to look at it in person.

Jason
cinjay

Post by cinjay »

Talked to Mardy yesterday, and the Delica didn't make it on the boat this time :cry: Hopefully it will be on the next one. It's due to arrive the first to second week of May. Not too far off. I will be keeping my fingers crossed.

Jason
Erebus
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1992 Super Exceed

Post by Erebus »

Congats. You will be delighted. I would, however, suggest you not put too much stock in when it gets here. Mine was several months late. Spaces on ships and containers have a habit of suddenly being unavailable. But it will arrive, you can count on that.
Image "I could be just around the corner from heaven, or a mile from hell." -- Jackson Browne, "The road and the sky".
cinjay

Post by cinjay »

Hooraay :-D

It's on the boat, and on it's way across the pond.
Just heard the good news from Mardy.
cinjay

Post by cinjay »

I decided to book tickets out to Vancouver. I was going to wait until the Deli was actually in Vancouver, (12th of May) but I could not resist the $50 seat sale :shock: We will arrive on the 4th of June. We are hoping that the Deli arrives on time, and Mardy will be able to get the work done. (I am keeping my fingers crossed) If everything works out we will drive around for the rest of the day, and then hit the road the next morning. I think the only thing that I might need help with is the car seat anchors. I won’t have any tools to attach them with when I am in Vancouver. I will see if Mardy can help out.
cinjay

Post by cinjay »

Well… The Deli is now here in Canada safe and sound. It went through customs last week, and is now in Mardy’s capable hands :-D All plans are a go for us to pick it up on the 4th of June. Can’t wait :!:
Erebus

Post by Erebus »

Sweet :-D You'll have to have a show-and-tell for us all when you get back to Calgary. Enjoy the trip!
Image "I could be just around the corner from heaven, or a mile from hell." -- Jackson Browne, "The road and the sky".
cinjay

Post by cinjay »

Yes. I even see that there is another Calgary couple that just acquired a Deli (Joanne & Tim). When we get back it would be nice to get together for a show and tell.

Jason
cinjay

Post by cinjay »

Well... It has been a little bit of a wait, but the week is finaly upon us to head out to Vancouver to Pick up the Deli :-D I just wanted to see if anybody needs parts/supplies transported from the coast to Calgary.
Erebus

Post by Erebus »

Can't think of any parts at the moment ... but I'll let you know after you get back what I needed :-D

Return to “Events - Alberta”