Injection pump issue (i think)

Does your Mitsubishi L300 make a strange noise? Need wheel alignment specs?
fred4130
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: Mitsubishi

Post by fred4130 »

Hi everyone,

New Deli, so new issues to fix :)
Since I bought this L300 4D56 I already had to fix a few little engine issues but this time I really need help.

A quickly story of the issues I had :)
When I bought the van, a squirrel did his nest with the engine insulation foam in the intake air pipe. Easy to find, easy to fix.

After that I had a bigger problem, the last owner let the van without driving for a while and all the tank was covert of diesel algae. All the diesel pipes, filters was stuck with this sticky paste.
alguediesel.jpg
alguediesel.jpg (101.48 KiB) Viewed 22515 times
So I took off both tanks and I directly plug a diesel can on the diesel filter. The engine was running again perfectly with this temporary solution.

So after "solve" the tank issue I changed the timing belt because I didn't know how old they was. I followed the Tojo's post and it was pretty easy, big thanks for all the pictures and explanations.

But since I did that the engine is not running anymore ...
It start but stop after two or tree seconds. (I tried to upload a video but it's too big)
When I push on the throttle nothing change (I mean the engine run one or two more seconds more but it's not making a big difference).
I double (triple) check if all the pulley were well align on the marks. Everything seems good.

When I tried to bleed the injectors because I was thinking it was maybe air in the pump I was very surprise by the little diesel debit.
I read different posts about injectors bleeding and all talk about a lot of diesel who get out.
I checked the injection pump solenoid valve and control the banjo nut fuel return. The solenoid it's working well and banjo nut was clear.
So I don't know why but it seems I don't have enough fuel in the engine...
Maybe I mis something when I changed the timing belt ? Or it's maybe the pump who need to be timing (but I didn't change anything and it was working) or need to be rebuild ?

I'm bit lost, I don't really know what I have to check or to do.

Thanks in advance for your help, ideas !

Fred

PS : If isn't clear or understandable, let me know I'll try to do better :)
sk66
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: '91 Delica L300

Post by sk66 »

Some IP's also have a filter screen behind the inlet banjo bolt... I agree with your assessment, it sounds like it is running out of fuel.
Steven
1991 L300
Harrisburg, PA

Return to “L300 Technical”