Beef for Rising Sun Auto

Forum rules
Please refer to Site Rule 1.1.1 prior to posting in this forum.
solanoid
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 95 deli SE- aka Rolls Rice

Beef for Rising Sun Auto

Post by solanoid »

All,

I bought my van from r-s last december, I got a great machine and have been quite happy with the purchase and the dealings I have had. Everyone here knows that I have been an advocate of r-s since joining the forum, even when they were taking heat for selling rusted out delicas to people.

BUT

I have recently been disapointed by them! (over something quite simple) My HID lights have been burned out for some time now. I have looked EVERYWHERE! I sent emails to Europe, N.Z. AUS, and Japan trying to source these things, but to no avail. I contacted r-s to assist me, and they seemed to be willing to do whatever it takes to find them for me. After a couple of weeks, r-s sent me photo of the lights that I needed, and said they found a fellow who had them. I was happy and thankful when I paid r-s...until they sent me wrong lights that were not the same as the ones from the picture!

When I contacted them in the hopes of rectifying this problem, they tried to doft me off on their supplier (who was not helpful) I got back in touch with r-s, they were not pleasant with me at all, stating;
"we are not obligated to supply you with lights"
THIS IS BAD BUISNESS!

I am quite disapointed with the way they treated me.

Word of advice...USE CAUTION!

I heard that I can purchase the normal lights and install them with out removing the HID system.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CONFIRM THIS
jessef
Vehicle: JDM flavour of the month

Re: Bouquet for Rising Sun Auto

Post by jessef »

your headlight question should be in the L400 tech section. *mods feel free to move it as this is off topic from the feedback section.

If the original headlight wiring loom/harness was not molested, then you should be able to simply plug in the H4's and disconnect the HID's.

The L400's never came with HID lights installed as the main driving lights.

If you buy an L400 in Canada with them in, make absolute certain that the original stock wiring loom and pigtails are still there. If not, get the seller to wire them back at whatever cost.

IMO, registered dealers should not be selling JDM imports with aftermarket HID main driving lights as they are not quite legal here. It's a grey area but who wants the risk. Private sellers have more leeway but dealers are not ignorant and should know better, as such informing the customer for potential run-in with the police regarding HID driving lights.

If you get pulled over for illegal HID's down the road, then a simple bulb swap to the stock loom is all it would take to pass another provincial inspection, otherwise you'll be stuck in the situation you are in now. In hindsight :M
MardyDelica
Vehicle: DL#30843 /92 Delica Super Exceed

Re: Bouquet for Rising Sun Auto

Post by MardyDelica »

yes, as jessie say,
just used a regular H4 Bulb, and hook up to the original wiring.
then your on your way.
you can buy hid light thru any performance shop supplier or thru e-bay.
hope this help :
Cheers;
Mardy
ImageImageImage
davidwwc
Vehicle: 1994L400 Delica

Re: Beef for Rising Sun Auto

Post by davidwwc »

You can buy PIAA 4100K ( Kelvin Temp.) from Oversea Auto on 4th and Main. I bought mine from an advice here (forum ) and is very happy. They cost $59.00 a pair . Not as white and bright as HID but save the trouble as the installation is straight forward and simple.Just don't touch the bulbs with your bare hand. Someone may like to put in a relay but the voltage is just the same(55v),yet the output is a lot better. I do not as the guys there say so, you have to decide though. :-) I replace the low beam only as the highs are fine for me. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
DC
solanoid

Post by solanoid »

Thank you all for your feedback, it is much appreciated.
1994delicaman
Vehicle: KTM

Post by 1994delicaman »

davidwwc wrote:You can buy PIAA 4100K ( Kelvin Temp.) from Oversea Auto on 4th and Main.
I just bought a pair of PIAA xtreme white plus bulbs from lordco, they where on sale (for the pair) for $47.99!!!
1991 Mercedes 350SD Turbo W126
1997 Toyota Hiace camper 2.8l diesel
2000 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 direct injection
2006 smart car diesel CDI
2011 KTM 990 Adventure
2015 Mercedes GLK250 Bluetec
2018 KTM Superduke 1290 R
solanoid

Post by solanoid »

This is what I am dealing with, it is a motorized unit that retracts the bulb. This whole mechanism constitues the bulb.
Attachments
delica light drawing.pdf
(163.61 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
jessef
Vehicle: JDM flavour of the month

Post by jessef »

Is the stock wiring loom/H4 plug still there or was it cut off?
solanoid

Post by solanoid »

jfarsang wrote:Is the stock wiring loom/H4 plug still there or was it cut off?

The lights for my van have four wires that connect into ports, there is not a conventional plug that a bulb goes into. The bulb consists of the entire picture I drew, the actual glass portion of the bulb is not removable, this is all one peice.

I must apologize, I am not exactly mechanically inclined. :-(

Return to “Dealer Feedback, Beefs, and Bouquets”