L400 Factory Radio/CD PLayer

Mitsubishi Delica L400 production commenced in 1994 -- After much anticipation, the L400 arrived on Canadian Soil in 2009!
604Yarks
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1995 L400 Super Exceed

L400 Factory Radio/CD PLayer

Post by 604Yarks »

Hi All,

Learning the quirks of my new Deli, one of which is that the 6CD changer throws error codes no matter what disc I put in, and the FM radio only seems to seek up to 90.0.
Is this an issue with compatibility b/w the Japanese hardware and our media, or is something up with my radio?

Side question, for those that have upgraded the stereo, where did you take your rig to get it done? (I can turn wrenches, but suck at the stereo stuff)

TIA

Yarks
Big-Bird
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/index.php?cat=20974
Vehicle: 96 PE8W Spacegear

Re: L400 Factory Radio/CD PLayer

Post by Big-Bird »

Stock OE stereos in the JDM delis only go up to a specific bandwidth on the radio dial. You either need a converter (yes they do exist) or the better route is to get a new stereo.

The CD unit probably packed it in or it can't read your CD's or the deck packed it in.

As for who can change it out, Best to ask around your home town.

You could go single DIN and get a storage pocket in the extra space or you could get a Double DIN and fill the entire hole. Either will work but the double DIN would fill the space in one shot so the custom labor factor goes down.

Nissan has some great stock double DIN decks made by Rockford Fosgate and Alpine that fit really well. Check out late 90's and early 2000's Pathfinder SUV. I went this route with my stereo. 25.00 for the used unit but I can install them myself...some later models 2004 should have an input jack for your IPhone, MP3 player.

Be ready for a brittle center console surround, unless your unit spent little time in the sun its likely UV damaged and will crack once touched by the tech. These are not cheap but you might be lucky and have one thats not gonna turn to chunks.
Yeah I joined the Dark Side because the medical plan is top shelf!

Return to “L400 Technical”