Marmot Stuck in Delica

Topics may eventually be moved to other Delica Canada forums.

Moderators: BCDelica, mark

CloudMountain
Vehicle: L400

Marmot Stuck in Delica

Post by CloudMountain »

Once again my Vehicle is a magnet for rodents. Now I have a wounded Marmot stuck in my undercarrige. Where do I take the van for removal? Mechanic or Pest control? Hopefully I dont get the plague. :cry:
Elbrad
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1992 Exceed

Re: Marmot Stuck in Delica

Post by Elbrad »

If you were on the Island, I'd offer to remove it for you...

Then again...if you were on the Island, you wouldn't have marmot stew under your van.
lrp374
Vehicle: 91 Super Exceed

Post by lrp374 »

I would suggest you use a medium to large dog to get it out. If it's there very long you'll be replacing everything that tastes like rubber.
CloudMountain

Post by CloudMountain »

The dog already tried to bark it out, to no avail. My dog came out from under the Van covered in grease and oil. So I used one of my Avalanche probes to try and motivate him out, hence the "Wounded Marmot". It did piss on me in the process. But I think hes still there, should be dead by morning. Think Crappy Tire will deal with it?
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-imag ... .jpg[/img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/url]
lrp374
Vehicle: 91 Super Exceed

Post by lrp374 »

Those suckers eat everything from fan belts to radiator hoses so be sure everything is in one piece when you get it out. Looks like the dog enjoyed the challenge.
TardisDeli
Vehicle: 1991 L300. 1997 L300.

Post by TardisDeli »

Wow, weird. Good thing its not a skunk. Yours must be up in the air/snow intake scoop that we locally call the Gopher Catcher, guess we now call it the Marmot Catcher.

Chili pepper flakes (you sprinkle on pizza, cheapest in the grocery bulk food section) is my usual deterrent to all wildlife. Sprinkle it on the ground then skunks raccoons etc go away cuz their nose tingles and their tongue tingles when they lick if off their toes. And they don't spray me, cuz I aint there when they wander thru my garden. I guess for you it would have to be a dog/bear spray. Keep the dog away so the animal has a clear route to exit. Milk (whey) is the antidote if you get it on you (use alcohol wipes to wipe the skin, then pour milk to neutralize) (or bathe your eyes in a cup of milk).

Can you see it if you open the passenger seat, to scare it away from its nice dark cave. Wear high boots, and your gaitors so you don't get bitten (rabies, tetanus).

Christine.
Christine
Of The TardisDeli My TardisDeli travels thru time and space. Our house is nicknamed the TardisDeli Motel, as so many delii owners visit to share delii stories.
konadog
Vehicle: 1992 GLX L-300

Post by konadog »

Poor lal devil. What a horrid end... :-(
Hope you can extract it before it starts to rot...
Happy Day!
Firesong
Vehicle: 1998 L400 Delica Chamonix

Post by Firesong »

This soo reminds me of the movie RV with Robin Williams
where the Coons get into the RV.

Too funny.

Really , just to damn Funny

FS
CloudMountain

Post by CloudMountain »

The funniest thing was that I decided to try and drive the van out of town in to the wilds and hope that he would jump out after going for a hike, but when I returned he was still there. Driving threw Kelowna you could hear his high pitched chirp going off at every intersection.
konadog

Post by konadog »

The painful, fear filled death of a small animal is funny... Really? :? I find this story kinda horrifying myself.
Happy Day!
thedjjack
Member's Photo Album: ucp.php?i=164
Vehicle: 1989 L300 HITOP!!

Post by thedjjack »

Have you tried a pest management company or the local animal control. There is a human way to assist this animal.
CloudMountain

Post by CloudMountain »

I would like to see pest management try and crawl under my vehicle and drag out a marmot from the opening it crawled into. You would break its back trying to remove it. Sorry but this is a job for a Mechanic and me.
PS. Also this little bugger has been eating everything in our garden so I'm glad he's gone. I'm a life long Vegetarian and dont like killing animals but once he moved into my van it got personal.
Elbrad

Post by Elbrad »

konadog wrote:The painful, fear filled death of a small animal is funny... Really? :? I find this story kinda horrifying myself.
Marmots are just slightly larger versions of rats mate. If it crawled up there and coaxing it out hasn't worked, you can't blame the guy for trying another tactic.
konadog

Post by konadog »

Hey, I just said I don't see the funny in it is all. Terror for the animal and potential big trouble for the bus. I had a mouse hitch from a gas station near Quesnel (saw it jup up when I was filling up and leap off at the campsite) to Fraser Lake. Little devil chewed lots rubber... I kill rats that get into my house too, but I don't enjoy it nor get a sense of revenge but hey, it's my house / bus.
Happy Day!
Elbrad

Post by Elbrad »

I feel the same way. I'm run a small pest control company, but I don't take any joy in killing things. I just try to keep my clients homes/property free of damage.

Return to “General Discussion”