Wiring diagram?

Does your Mitsubishi L300 make a strange noise? Need wheel alignment specs?
misterroboto
Vehicle: 1990 Delica Exceed

Wiring diagram?

Post by misterroboto »

Was wondering if anyone knew how I could get a hold of a wiring diagram for my 1990 Delica. The high beams on the inside set of lights is continually on. When I use my brights it simply turns on the outside set of lights. Would really appreciate any pointers anyone has on this.
Green1
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1994 L400 Royal Exceed PF8W

Re: Wiring diagram?

Post by Green1 »

talk to your importer, I bet they wired this up as the DRL option, for clarification, the projector style lights are the low beams, the other lights (reflector style) are the high beams.
many importers wire the low beams as always on to satisfy the daytime running light requirements.
misterroboto

Post by misterroboto »

I took the DRL module completely off and it is still a problem. There just does not seem to be a low beam setting on the interior set of the dual headlights. The outer set usually runs quite low and then on high beam when the high beams are on. Biggest thing with it set up like this is that I get "flashed" a lot from oncoming traffic. Hence I would like to rectify the problem.
Green1

Post by Green1 »

outer lights are the low beams, inner lights are the high beams, when high beams are on both sets of lights will be on.

I'd take the steering column apart and look at the wires in there, on mine I found a fuse connecting the ignition to the low beam line... could be something as simple as that. most likely it's something the importer did.
misterroboto

Post by misterroboto »

Just looking at your picture it looks like my Delica headlights run different than yours. SO what you are saying is the outer pair should be the only pair running on high beams and then the inside pair should turn on when high beams are on. I will have a look for my fuse box, under my steering wheel?
misterroboto

Post by misterroboto »

I meant low beams....
Green1

Post by Green1 »

low beams = outer pair only
high beams = both pairs
ccautos
Vehicle: 92 Delica SE

Post by ccautos »

Do you have the early style four headlamp system or the later one piece headlamps ? If you have the early style , the wires have to be switched around in the headlamp wiring connector on the outer headlamps to get correct operation of the high/low beams . JDM sealed beam headlamps use a different ground position to NA .
vanjuggler
Vehicle: 1991 Delica Super Exceed

Post by vanjuggler »

The wiki has some service manuals:

http://wikrad.com/delica/index.cgi?serv ... _downloads

L300_wiring.pdf looks exciting. We could probably organize those uploads a little better.

I had lots of headlight troubles when I got my deli, and I took it to RJD in North van, and they did a great job re-wiring them (the wiring it had from the importer (I don't know who) was super sketchy) and he installed some new bulbs.
misterroboto

Post by misterroboto »

I have the old style 2 seperate light system. I will have a look at the wiki link and see if it can help out my mechanic a bit.
john n

Post by john n »

If you have the older square style halogen lamps the problem is in the connector, just switch the outside two wires in the lowbeam lights, leave the center one as it is.
misterroboto

Post by misterroboto »

john n wrote:If you have the older square style halogen lamps the problem is in the connector, just switch the outside two wires in the lowbeam lights, leave the center one as it is.
Hey john n..... so I just need to switch the two outside wires on the outer set of lights? Are you sure that will get my inner set from running on high beam all the time? Or am I to do the switch on the inner set of lights that are my issues.
john n

Post by john n »

The issue is the headlights themselves. They are internally wired differently in Canada than they are in Japan. The lowbeam lights share a common circuit with the Hi beams only when the hi beams are activated, however, with the internal wiring being different there is a backfeed through the ground side into the high beams that causes all sorts of issues.
If you have the square lights and not the wrap around style, this is the problem. All you have to do is push a small drill bit into the connector to allow the copper connector to be pulled out and swap the two outside wires, leave the center one as it is.
The wiring to the high beams is really a non - issue, as it is power and power out, even if they are backwards it would work fine.
The problem lies in the lowbeam lights themselves, swap the wires and the problem will go away.
John
misterroboto

Post by misterroboto »

Thanks so much John! I will try that my next non -20 day!!
john n

Post by john n »

It sould be warming up over the next week. Crappy for skiing - probably good for the snowpack stability, at least here on the coast, December 5th was a bad day for interior skiing.
Let me know how you make out with the fix, it's so simple, even I can do it.
John

Return to “L300 Technical”