L300 Rear Speaker Cabinet/Power Junction

Mitsubishi Delica Camper vans, lift kits & other Delica Accessories!

Moderator: BCDelica

bionic
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 92 delica exceed

L300 Rear Speaker Cabinet/Power Junction

Post by bionic »

Hey Guys, here are some pics of the box I just installed in the rear of the Deli...sounds and works good. I did this to accomplish a number of things. First, I wanted a remote way to run power to the rear of the van from the dual batteries if more power is ever needed, or if I need a jump/ or to be jumped, without having to access my cramped batteries under my hood:(
This power junction provided great convenience for running my amp wiring/ power points. The power wires are from an older heavy duty jumper cable, I ran them under the back of the slider door step, this leads to the step light access hole which directly leads up to the batteries, no drilled holes here!!
The size is 38"long and 10"wide (3/8 wider than the wheel hump) and as high as 1/2" below the window threshold.(can't remember the exact measurement) Vinyl to match care of Fabric Land in Langley for 14.00, and the rear carpet (including the cabinet carpet) care of Home Depot for 28.00 for a 9' x 6' roll! Much preferred to the old smelly shag!
Attachments
ABS... this stuff is one of the most useful, easy to fabricate materials for the DIY guy.  A sheet 24" X 48" 1/4" thick was 35.00 shipped care of Ebay.   So far two rear mud flaps/ a front cup holder, a Pyrometer Gauge bezel and, and, and...
ABS... this stuff is one of the most useful, easy to fabricate materials for the DIY guy. A sheet 24" X 48" 1/4" thick was 35.00 shipped care of Ebay. So far two rear mud flaps/ a front cup holder, a Pyrometer Gauge bezel and, and, and...
GEDC0021.JPG (97.64 KiB) Viewed 1998 times
Clean and rugged...let the camping begin!
Clean and rugged...let the camping begin!
GEDC0022.JPG (152.47 KiB) Viewed 1998 times
Amp controls/wiring are all easily accessible with the cover off)
Amp controls/wiring are all easily accessible with the cover off)
GEDC0020.JPG (129.73 KiB) Viewed 1998 times
Easily accessible from the sliding door, power point face the inside, but are recessed so they cannot be hit.
Easily accessible from the sliding door, power point face the inside, but are recessed so they cannot be hit.
GEDC0019.JPG (109.27 KiB) Viewed 1998 times
Built a plastic lower cover using some 1/4" ABS plastic by using a propane torch to bend it, cool water to set it.
Built a plastic lower cover using some 1/4" ABS plastic by using a propane torch to bend it, cool water to set it.
GEDC0018.JPG (165.68 KiB) Viewed 1998 times
Nice and open/usable space.  Just perfect for my folding cot while using one of the chairs for my daughter's bed.  <br />  I used 3/4 ply for the speaker box construction, with 3/8 for the inside face panel to maximize the usable floor space.
Nice and open/usable space. Just perfect for my folding cot while using one of the chairs for my daughter's bed.
I used 3/4 ply for the speaker box construction, with 3/8 for the inside face panel to maximize the usable floor space.
GEDC0017.JPG (96.11 KiB) Viewed 1998 times

Return to “Delica Modifications”