VHF

For HAM or CB technical discussions
FalcoColumbarius
Site Admin
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/index.php?cat=11103
Vehicle: Delica; Chamonix GLX ('92 P25W)

Re: VHF

Post by FalcoColumbarius »

Okay, there have been many solid and viable replies to this posting. I love it when some common interest, such as the Delica, brings together such a varied group of people and everyone has something to bring to the table.
So we have established that responsible use of the radio is tolerated. When I was travelling into Snow Creek (Up on Sterling Main) I came across two logging trucks who I suspect reported my position. When I saw the logging truck I got out of his way, the road was wide so I didn't have to bail. When I got to the heli-base I had a chat with the guy on duty. I had to wait because a great big orange locus was coming in with a big de-branched tree hanging under it.
Just Another Off Road Vehicle.jpg
Just Another Off Road Vehicle.jpg (152.4 KiB) Viewed 5946 times
It was apparent to me that the pilot had spent much of his childhood in arcades playing with those machines that grab little prizes with claws. This guy was very good.
While I was waiting I had a chat with Dan (the guy on duty) about Delica drivers using VHF to contact logging companies with their position, &c.. I asked him what the policy of logging companies regarding this. He told me that they wanted off-road drivers to let them know where they were. I asked him about the licensing issue. He told me that you use the logging stations to communicate your position only or for logging related issues, i.e.; they want to get more information from you. "Chit-chat on the 'bullsh*t' stations".

So.... As I originally posted: There is a very good course in January, '09 for about $220.00 at the North Van. RCMP detachment. Who wants in?

Falco.[/color]
Sent from my smart pad, using a pen.

Seek Beauty... Image Good Ship Miss Lil' Bitchi

...... Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. ~ Japanese Proverb
jessef
Vehicle: JDM flavour of the month

Post by jessef »

there's quite a few delica ham's out there.

Get a club listing of ham's and group exam sessions if needed?
batman
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: Japanese

Post by batman »

I can use that helicopter for the batmobile
After a non-stressful day at work and an exhausting explosive evening, I enjoy sitting back on my couch and watching classics. If the mood strikes me, Skyrim is my current flavor.

Return to “Radio Communications”