Looking for help with paperwork

Issues relating to the purchasing, importing, and inspection of JDM vehicles in Canada

Moderator: mark

Manitoba deli
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 94 l300, 94 l400 lwb, 97 l400 S II

Looking for help with paperwork

Post by Manitoba deli »

Hey all, I'm looking for some help with the paperwork to import my series 2 spacegear in August. I'm not looking for a freebie, if there is a dealer or importer who wants to help, I'm willing to pay. Or if someone has some helpful info for me that's great also. What I'm after is the proper documentation required to import the van according to date of production, as opposed to date of first registration. My van was first registered in November, but according to every VIN decoder I have used, it was built in August. It is a KD-PE8W and the VIN is PE8W-0302174. Thanks in advance.

Jason
jessef
Vehicle: JDM flavour of the month

Re: Looking for help with paperwork

Post by jessef »

Free: I had the exporter get the stamped/signed document from a Mitsubishi dealership in Japan for no cost. He walked in and picked it up.
Manitoba deli
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 94 l300, 94 l400 lwb, 97 l400 S II

Post by Manitoba deli »

Thanks Jessie. Maybe my importer is just being lazy. He said when he called Mitsubishi, they said it is a November build. Any chance the VIN decoders I'm using are wrong? I tried 3 different ones.

Jason
jessef
Vehicle: JDM flavour of the month

Post by jessef »

I came up with the same results as you : August production build.

If you have someone there at the van, have them check the production date stamp on the driver's seatbelt. That is confirmation #2. Not enough for canada customs but for your knowledge and the exporter.

Return to “Import, Inspection & Registration”