Safety in Ontario, where to go?

Issues relating to the purchasing, importing, and inspection of JDM vehicles in Canada

Moderator: mark

Lordsxo
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: Delica Star Wagon Active World '97

Post by Lordsxo »

So I got through all the parts that I figured would be difficult like registration and insurance, but I'm coming to a real road block, no one is willing to do a safety on my Delica Star Wagon. I've gone to a couple places and they are all saying that they can't because they don't have the specifications. I even when to the trouble to find the specs, and print them out, and I'm getting the message that they still can with that since they can't verify the source of the material.

So if that is the case, and all places will follow the same rules, then it would be impossible to complete the safety. Does any one know of a place, that I can get a safety done for an import in Kitchener area in Ontario, or even Toronto?

Does any one know if in fact that they need the specs? From what I read, the specs only come into play when there is a part that is repaired by wielding instead of replacement. You would think if there all the parts are no rebuilt, then they shouldn't have to worry about the specs.

Thanks, for any suggestions.
Lordsxo
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: Delica Star Wagon Active World '97

Post by Lordsxo »

So I decided on Saturday just to stop at any shop that does inspection, so they can see what I have, and tell me on the spot if they can or cannot do an inspection.

I had good luck, since the first place that I went to, said that it would be fine. I dropped it off on Tuesday Morning, had a tiny bit of trouble because there was a though that it needed a VIR certificate, but that was cleared up over the phone. Had to show him the VIN plate, and all done, fully safeties.

It seem like a really good garage and I over her the owner gar give honest advice to another person that resulted in him losing revenue, so that says something.

I'll go back if there for any work that I can't handle on my own.

M1 Motors Service Inc. in Kitchener on Belmont Ave is a RHD import friendly shop.

Return to “Import, Inspection & Registration”