after oil's new ride

Driving a shiny 91 Delica Super Exceed? This is the section to show and tell!
after oil
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 92 cham-reimo poptop L300. 78MB240D

after oil's new ride

Post by after oil »

got a message form a buddy the other day, he said " you want to buy this diesel school bus for $200? ive been storing it for the school, they dont want it, id like to pass it on to somebody who might do something good with it"
i was at his house an hour later with $200 and didnt ask too many questions. i got insurance for it, fired it up, wailed around powell river a couple of times, and drove it home!!
Image Image Hosting

Image Image Hosting

Image Image Hosting

ill be converting this to run on WVO.. then what? mobile reggae soundsystem? mobile hot tub?

its a school bus so its in fine mechanical shape and maintained very well!
Luna-Sea
Vehicle: 90xeed+91cmnix,bth5spdz

Re: after oil's new ride

Post by Luna-Sea »

Very nice and a Sweet Deal.
That will help deal with stray
1000 liter totes full of oil for sure.
So much canvas to paint a beauty set-up.

Right ON!
jessef
Vehicle: JDM flavour of the month

Post by jessef »

WMTRS - WVO mobile transport/refueling station
after oil

Post by after oil »

jfarsang wrote:WMTRS - WVO mobile transport/refueling station
ill design it so i can refuel vehicles whilst they are driving, like those refueling airplanes..
RichD

Post by RichD »

It needs a flip down ramp on the back for Knight Rider-style Delica loading and refueling in transit.

I like the mobile WVO factory idea a lot too.
Richard Dagenais
Golf Cart
Vehicle: 1992 Exceed

Post by Golf Cart »

Ari,

What year and what engine do you have. I have manuals for 6.9 & 7.3. Hell, I prolly have spare parts kicking around.

Let me know
By the time you realize that my signature has no real message or life altering words of wisdom, you're too far into it to stop reading until you are finished
BCDelica
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/index.php?cat=10008
Vehicle: WVO Powered Tuk Tuk

Post by BCDelica »

Score :-D :-D :-D

Camper, with of course mobile reggae sound system and WVO filling capabilities!!!

WVO fired hot tub?

That's not the same utility trailer, under the canoe, is it?
Image Call me BCDelica-less
after oil

Post by after oil »

Golf Cart wrote:Ari,

What year and what engine do you have. I have manuals for 6.9 & 7.3. Hell, I prolly have spare parts kicking around.

Let me know
its an international 7.2 i think. 1990
BCDelica wrote:Score :-D :-D :-D

Camper, with of course mobile reggae sound system and WVO filling capabilities!!!

WVO fired hot tub?

That's not the same utility trailer, under the canoe, is it?
nooo, Dillon got the trailer! thats one from freecycle, i just replaced the wood and its perfect for collecting seaweed
BCDelica
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/index.php?cat=10008
Vehicle: WVO Powered Tuk Tuk

Post by BCDelica »

Heavy enough trailer to haul a hot tub and WVO fired heater? Hot tub on a trailer is the only way to go......................
Image Call me BCDelica-less
jessef
Vehicle: JDM flavour of the month

Post by jessef »

may as well make it a hot tub time machine 8-)
TardisDeli
Vehicle: 1991 L300. 1997 L300.

Post by TardisDeli »

Hi Ari,

It takes a female mind to discover your Best revenue resource: convert if to a mobile hot shower van. Drive to campsites and kayak camping areas and the Powell Lake camping trails, and weekend ferry lineups, on the Sunshine Coast. Women campers would gladly pay for hot water showers ($5.00 for 4 minutes). Technically, Put a hot water heating thingy off the engine (free off of big rigs heaters), since your engine is powered WVO while engine runs, its all free (just use the diesel for starting). Plastic shower curtain dividers, easily get 4 private showers in there. Just waterproof lino the whole van, so you just wash the whole thing out.

Showers ($5.00 for 4 minutes), if they supply own stuff. $10.00 for 5 minutes if you supply the towel ($l.00 each at dollar store) shampoo & soap (homemade) and comb (dollar store 5 for $1).

Sell homemade seaweed soap in a sunshine shape (also made with wvo)as pretty souvenir. Make liquid soap with same seaweed and wvo in large squirt bottles so no slivers of soap clog the drains.

Everything the shower-ee needs is at hand, no need to go back to get their travel bags, just give us $10 now and it includes your shampoo and towel and comb.

Ari, get outside and build it now, you've got a week till Canada Day. I'm serious, just ask any female who has camped (that sticky campfire smoke in hair), or kayaked in salt water (itchy salty skin), or sat in a car in the ferry lineup while guys drink beer and belch inanely...

Your 5 minutes of Sunshine Therapy is Here.

Christine.

PS: Dear Deli-Dudes, keep your minds clean, these showers are not like the kind you get to watch at your local sleezy pub.
Christine
Of The TardisDeli My TardisDeli travels thru time and space. Our house is nicknamed the TardisDeli Motel, as so many delii owners visit to share delii stories.
RichD

Post by RichD »

LOL you can't argue with her genius.
Richard Dagenais
after oil

Post by after oil »

TardisDeli wrote:Hi Ari,

It takes a female mind to discover your Best revenue resource: convert if to a mobile hot shower van. Drive to campsites and kayak camping areas and the Powell Lake camping trails, and weekend ferry lineups, on the Sunshine Coast. Women campers would gladly pay for hot water showers ($5.00 for 4 minutes). Technically, Put a hot water heating thingy off the engine (free off of big rigs heaters), since your engine is powered WVO while engine runs, its all free (just use the diesel for starting). Plastic shower curtain dividers, easily get 4 private showers in there. Just waterproof lino the whole van, so you just wash the whole thing out.

Showers ($5.00 for 4 minutes), if they supply own stuff. $10.00 for 5 minutes if you supply the towel ($l.00 each at dollar store) shampoo & soap (homemade) and comb (dollar store 5 for $1).

Sell homemade seaweed soap in a sunshine shape (also made with wvo)as pretty souvenir. Make liquid soap with same seaweed and wvo in large squirt bottles so no slivers of soap clog the drains.

Everything the shower-ee needs is at hand, no need to go back to get their travel bags, just give us $10 now and it includes your shampoo and towel and comb.

Ari, get outside and build it now, you've got a week till Canada Day. I'm serious, just ask any female who has camped (that sticky campfire smoke in hair), or kayaked in salt water (itchy salty skin), or sat in a car in the ferry lineup while guys drink beer and belch inanely...

Your 5 minutes of Sunshine Therapy is Here.

Christine.

PS: Dear Deli-Dudes, keep your minds clean, these showers are not like the kind you get to watch at your local sleezy pub.
that is a fantastic idea. i guess id just rather be the dirty camper on the mountain than the entrepreneur in the ferry lot

Return to “Member Rides”