Meet mid-Island? Noon, Sunday, 30th March 2008

mararmeisto
Vehicle: 2018 Ram EcoDiesel

Meet mid-Island? Noon, Sunday, 30th March 2008

Post by mararmeisto »

Well, it's been a couple of weeks since I set up the last meet, so it must be time once again. Got that itch to meet other Delicanites (those who own Delicas?).

In order to involve those living beyond the Malahat, I thought this one should be in the Nanaimo-area: either Nanaimo itself, or Parksville (Rathtrevor Beach readily comes to mind) or possibly even Qualicum Beach. I think a nice outdoor setting would be good, although a parking lot next to a coffee shop works too.

Timing should be around noon in order to allow travel for those from the outlying regions (read Victoria or possibly even Vancouver).

And so, with that, go... talk amongst yourselves... :-)
JPL
I still miss my '94 Pajero!
MJB
Vehicle: 92 chamonix

Re: Meet mid-Island? Saturday, 29th March 2008

Post by MJB »

I would love to meet up and see some other rides but saturday is no good for us. Sunday anytime would be good we were thinking of heading to nanaimo that day
Sailing Deli
Vehicle: 91 Super Exceed, White

Post by Sailing Deli »

Would like to go also but am working in camp that weekend. :-(
Kerry
ghmorris
Vehicle: 92 Delica, 89 Mercedes 300D

Post by ghmorris »

Edit for faulty memory.

I have rechecked the date my Mum's 90th party actually is (vs when I thought it is), and the Saturday will hopefully work fine.

George
Last edited by ghmorris on Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
konadog
Vehicle: 1992 GLX L-300

Post by konadog »

We are very interested in meeting some other Delicanites and their Delicas. We are new to the Delica world and are keen to learn more. Will watch this thread for the time and place you settle on. Thanks.
Scott and Jo
Happy Day!
delica 304
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1992 delica GLX

Post by delica 304 »

Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to attend, My birthday is the 29th and my ex wants to have a party for me :roll:

(it's not that I don't appreciate her efforts, it's just... it's my birthday, big deal! I stopped putting imprtance on it a long time ago. Wow, that makes me sound like a miserable creature, doesn't it?)
k8bloomer
Vehicle: 1992 Super Exceed Grey over Grey

Post by k8bloomer »

Hey my Birthday is on the 30th! Haven't decided what to do yet. I do need to get back to Parksville eventually for some paint job and touch ups from VI Custom Car Imports - just haven't thought that far yet.
I'll keep checking!

LOVE the Mitsumaple sticker BTW - thanks Mararmeisto!!! :M
TardisDeli
Vehicle: 1991 L300. 1997 L300.

Post by TardisDeli »

Hi Marameisto, sorry we can't make it, as doing the Harrison Lake weekend jaunt with Adrock and the Lower Mainland delica's. Too Bad they are on the same weekend, as Nanaimo area is easy for us to get to by ferry, and would love to meet everyone and put faces to names. Cheers, Christine Of The TardisDeli.
mararmeisto

Re: Meet mid-Island? Sunday, 30th March 2008

Post by mararmeisto »

I saw a trend developing here with regards to the day... so I've changed it to Sunday. It's still far enough in the future that most who were waffling can adjust.

A primary reason for choosing Sunday is to include ghmorris, who will in all likelihood have the distinction of being the 'farthest traveled' should he attend (which I hope he can now because of the adjustment).

What about the location? Are most in agreement for Rathtrevor Beach?
JPL
delica 304
Vehicle: 1992 delica GLX

Post by delica 304 »

Sunday?? SWEET!! I'll be there!!

I have no idea where Rathtrevor Beach is, but I suspect that I will see one or two Delica's on the Hwy up Island, so I'll just follow them.

Mararmeisto, thanks for the Mitsumaple! 8-)
konadog
Vehicle: 1992 GLX L-300

Post by konadog »

Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park is at the South end of Parksville, a few hundred meters or so south of the orange bridge that crosses the Englishman River.
Happy Day!
ghmorris

Post by ghmorris »

mararmeisto wrote: A primary reason for choosing Sunday is to include ghmorris, who will in all likelihood have the distinction of being the 'farthest traveled' should he attend (which I hope he can now because of the adjustment).
Unfortunately, I'm going to have to take the village idiot award for this one. I wish I could say this is the first time. :shock:

I really appreciate your effort Mararmeisto, but it looks like this is going to be a problem. The Party That Can't Be Missed (my Mum's 90th) is early Sunday afternoon, and realistically Saturday is going to be "event prep", and if I disappear it may be the event that triggers an end to 34 years of marital bliss. That is known in the trade as a Bad Thing. Karen and I are both disappointed to say the least!

I look forward to hooking up with as many of you as possible. We are going to be on the Island from 20th March to about 1 April, then heading back to Ontario via Vancouver, Edmonton, Calagary, Swift Current and everywhere else on the Trans-Canada. Should arrive home before the 16th of April.

All the best,
George
mararmeisto

Post by mararmeisto »

Well, George aside (include mutterings which sound like Yosemite Sam), there were others who seemed to prefer Sunday over Saturday, so I'm going to leave it.

George, you'll have to stop by my place in order to get your Mitsumaple before you head east back to Upper Canada.
JPL
ghmorris

Post by ghmorris »

mararmeisto wrote: George, you'll have to stop by my place in order to get your Mitsumaple before you head east back to Upper Canada.
That we can do. We can't leave without a Mitsumaple... I will be in touch as soon as we get our bearings in BC.

George
quadzilla
Vehicle: 1992 Exceed

Post by quadzilla »

Sounds good to me. I should be back from the bush by then... Maybe I will have some stories of how well the Delica handled the rigors of Vernon and Trail, including treks up Red Mtn for some spring snow...

Return to “Events - BC Vancouver Island”