Vica-Delican gathering near Cook Street Village - 13th December

mararmeisto
Vehicle: 2018 Ram EcoDiesel

Re: Vica-Delican gathering near Cook Street Village - 13th Decem

Post by mararmeisto »

Chewy wrote:missed the snow by mere hours! nice to meet everybody :-D
Yes, but it was cold with that wind.

Actually, despite the temp, it was a good meet. Good to see a couple of new faces, the dogs met each other (again or for the first time, they don't care), and a couple of us sketched out some plans for modifications (can you say 'horsepower'?).

We had two (or was it three?) visitors stop by and ask questions - no anti-Delica-ism this meet - and we had one Continental (Golf Cart - yeah!). Thanks for bringing my juice.

I'll get some more information from Glen regarding the "Vurv-box" (that's what I'm calling it, Glen may have a different name in mind) and post that here or in another thread. I have an idea of the price, but I didn't want to say anything until he confirms it. First impression: I love it, just the right height, love the cupholders (where I can reach them, not behind me), and I like how the window switches are now a little more within reach.

All-in-all, it was fun just to get out for a couple of hours. Thanks to all who came, and here's to next time...
JPL
I still miss my '94 Pajero!
rfahren
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1992 Mitsubishi Delica Chamonix

Post by rfahren »

Good to meet everyone, and put faces to a few names. But cold! It took us a couple of hours to warm up again. Next time it'll be warmer clothes and an insulated mug.
kb&2dogs
Vehicle: 89 BushBunny

Post by kb&2dogs »

'twas fun, but way too cold, and the pups were pretty anxious to get to the park for their part of the outing. We made it to Costco to stock up (just in time, it appears) on food. Nice to see old faces and new ones, I had no idea there were that many light blue over white delis, I thought we were unique. We do feel a bit old school tho with the 89, and hardly any mods.

Thanks for organizing the outing J Paul! Mocha house mocha rocks (but the price doesn't)

Drive safely in the snow and ice, and remember, Victoria has no snow clearing equipment since it never snows here, according the public works.
kb&2dogs (one here and one in doggy heaven)
(formerly Kathy Brian Seiko & Tundra)
Golf Cart
Vehicle: 1992 Exceed

Post by Golf Cart »

Guys,

Just a quick thanks for making me feel welcome. Was good to meet everyone that showed up.

I was northbound when we all departed and it ended up taking me almost 5 hours to get to Qualicum. I ran into ice on the highway about Ladysmith and it was 40kph from there the rest of the way. I have this lovehate relationship going on with sphincterpinch driving . Only got sideways once , but it was back and forth about 5 times til I got it under control :shock: . This was my first time in the cockpit of my Deli in snow. It reacted totally different than what I was expecting having driven in short wheelbase cars, and full size 4x4 trucks. ( my theory about weight in the back end still stands)
Snowed all Saturday night and all Sunday and ended up with 11 inches.

Cheers
By the time you realize that my signature has no real message or life altering words of wisdom, you're too far into it to stop reading until you are finished

Return to “Events - BC Vancouver Island”