Day meet Rathtrevor Beach - 21 March 2009

mararmeisto
Vehicle: 2018 Ram EcoDiesel

Day meet Rathtrevor Beach - 21 March 2009

Post by mararmeisto »

We're looking at being in the Parksville area near the end of spring break. We figure we'll be at the campsite for the night of 18 March...

...anyone want to join us there? Not planning a big to-do, just thought we'd kick-off the camping season a bit early.
JPL
I still miss my '94 Pajero!
kb&2dogs
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 89 BushBunny

Re: Spring Break camping trip - Rathtrevor Beach 16-20 March 200

Post by kb&2dogs »

Thats not too early Paul, we're thinking the weekend of March 6th, I have my flex and an extra day off, probably to Heather at Lk Cowichan. Just a few days away to train up for Easter weekend in April.
kb&2dogs (one here and one in doggy heaven)
(formerly Kathy Brian Seiko & Tundra)
electrik_jester
Vehicle: 92 Exceed, 5 spd

Tofino Feb28-March

Post by electrik_jester »

Spontaneous get out of town to tofino this weekend taking Monday off. Probably end up at Bella Pacifica as Greenpoint is most likely not open yet.

Anyone feel like dropping by the invite is out there.

Probably drop by CC on Monday on the way back. If someone needs something picked up you can try leaving a message on 250 818 4885
konadog
Vehicle: 1992 GLX L-300

Post by konadog »

How about a mixed camp / day trip meet. Camping for those who feel like it and an agreed upon time on Sat. or Sunday (11 or 12) for a gathering of the buses. I won't be camping but would for sure motor down for a few hours. It was a fun meet last year at Rathtrevor - A really good turnout :M :-D
Happy Day!
delica 304
Vehicle: 1992 delica GLX

Post by delica 304 »

I'd be in for sure for a day trip. My vacation starts on the 20th, so a nice cruise up Island would be a nice kick off!
mararmeisto

Post by mararmeisto »

This is kind of what I was intending. If we were to meet at the day park area on the 20th, that would work out great, facilitating a sort of mid-way gathering between the up-Islanders and the lower-Islanders.

Giving time for those to travel from either direction, say 13h on the 20th March? Bring coffee and doughnuts, 'cause we'll be tired of eating cold beans out of cans.
JPL
konadog

Post by konadog »

Sounds good. Maybe we should rename the thread to indicate the day-trip meet as well as the camp. Hey, this'll be the second - Annual Rathtrevor Deli-Meet... :M :-D
Happy Day!
mararmeisto

Post by mararmeisto »

konadog wrote:Sounds good. Maybe we should rename the thread to indicate the day-trip meet as well as the camp. Hey, this'll be the second - Annual Rathtrevor Deli-Meet... :M :-D
Sounds like you're 'coordinating' a theme for this get together... :?
JPL
delica 304
Vehicle: 1992 delica GLX

Post by delica 304 »

mararmeisto wrote: Bring coffee and doughnuts, 'cause we'll be tired of eating cold beans out of cans.
:shock: I'm bringing my gas mask!
konadog

Re: Camping Trip (16-20) & Day Meet (20) March 2009

Post by konadog »

:? Uhh is there some confusion about the dates here? Sat. is the 21st of March. The 20th is a Friday, and while a fine day of the week, it is not as likely to see a good turnout at a deli-meet as Sat. Do we mean Sat., March 21st. 11:00 - 1:00 ish? That works for us anyway. Friday, well, not so much... :M :-D
Happy Day!
kb&2dogs

Post by kb&2dogs »

Paul, are you guys camping for a few days, and if so, what days are you planning? No camping this weekend,what with the forecast calling for snow and all, but we'll for sure head up for your meet at Rathtrevor? are you camping at Rathtrevor or elsewhere? Since we don't usually "do" provincial parks, I'll have to look it up, like, is there room for our big honkin tent, or should we bring the "little" wall tent? Is there a group site, and if so, how many have to be there to use it? oh yeah----what does deluxe provincial park camping cost?

Okay, so I just looked it up, we can get a group site at Rathtrevor if there are 5 parties (vans?) for $24 a night, or each campsite is $24 a night. I like our camping fees (free) better, but, whatever works, cause there aren't any free campgrounds near Parksville.
vanisledeli
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Delica

Post by vanisledeli »

Anybody thought about Horn Lake . Close by, lots of room to explore and play ; I live close by and would be up for a firenight! I will bring the wood. Lets firm up the dates so the wife lets me out to play.
vanisledeli
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Delica

Post by vanisledeli »

P.S. Lots of places to camp sans fee which the method of choice. I can think of the perfect spot by Qualicum Creek with room aplenty.
fexlboi
Member's Photo Album: http://dinoevo.de
Vehicle: -

Post by fexlboi »

Sorry to high jack your thread.
Do you guys know a nice Rec Site or any other nice fee-free camping spots between Nanaimo and Victoria? Or maybe an offroading section we shouldn't miss in this area?

Thanks
kb&2dogs

Post by kb&2dogs »

vanisledeli wrote:Anybody thought about Horn Lake . Close by, lots of room to explore and play ; I live close by and would be up for a firenight! I will bring the wood. Lets firm up the dates so the wife lets me out to play.
Where is there camping at Horne Lk? I thought it was all private there.
P.S. Lots of places to camp sans fee which the method of choice. I can think of the perfect spot by Qualicum Creek with room aplenty.
Really, how do you get there? How close is it to Parksville?
Do you guys know a nice Rec Site or any other nice fee-free camping spots between Nanaimo and Victoria? Or maybe an offroading section we shouldn't miss in this area?
The only rec sites I know of are at Lake Cowichan, and they aren't free, in fact they jacked up the rates last year to $14 and $16 for {waterfront} sites. There are Weyerhauser sites at Lk Cowichan (Heather, Cayacuse), and at Nanaimo Lakes, although I recall reading something recently about access being gated off. Pine Point and Maple Grove, and as far as I know Nixon Creek on Lk Cow are gated and closed until about May as it is a thru-way for the elk and they don't want people getting in the way. I think the Weyerhauser sites charge from May long weekend, but I'm not sure about that, and access isn't guaranteed, it's at the discretion of the "manager" if there has been vandalism, they lock em up. In all cases, you have to pack in your own water and firewood, and PLEASE pack out your garbage! :M 8-)

Return to “Events - BC Vancouver Island”