Its been a while...

A close "cousin" of the Mitsubishi Delica
GISdood
Vehicle: 1993 Mitsubishi Pajero

Its been a while...

Post by GISdood »

... since I posted here, as the Pajero has been sitting a while.

A couple years ago I started undertaking some maintenance/upgrade items on my '93 LWB, but since then a divorce, new job, new mortgage, and life in general has just taken far too much of my spare time for me to even deal with basic upkeep and maintenance, so I wound up buying a new compact SUV in February of this year and the Paj has been sitting idle, since.

So I'm kinda testing the waters here as to what kind of demand there is or price to expect selling my Pajero. Perhaps anyone here that has bought/sold one or more of these vehicles could offer some insight before I post it for sale. Here's all the full disclosure items, as there are some outstanding maintenance issues that I just haven't had time to sort.

The basic info
Imported from Brave Auto in 2008 with 110,000km on the odo - Brave Auto's original webpage listing here - http://www.braveautointernational.jp/ve ... -body.html
'93 LWB 4M40 auto model, now has ~190,000km
Zero rust anywhere - I have taken it in annually prior to each winter and give it the complete Krown Rust Control treatment
Upgraded torsion bars and rear springs to Old Man Emu parts - effectively lifting the front and rear approximately 1.5"

The maintenance items:
Noticed a slight mileage drop in the last 6 months of driving, I know its due for an injector cleaning which may be contributing to that
Slightly irregular tire wear shows that it could use an alignment (Thanks so much, Prince George pot holes!) :P
Small exhaust leak ahead of resonator
Intermittent transmission issue - when on the highway and running level or downhill, it seems to slip in and out of OD in a slow pulsing manner at over 105km/h. If I'm driving uphill, it stays engaged and will pull steadily without slippage. As soon as it it levels out after the hill, it goes back to its in/out behaviour. I don't use it for long road trips on the highway, so it hasn't been a priority to look into... no idea what the fix for that would be.

I'd appreciate any info any of you more experienced buyers/sellers could offer. And sorry for the lack of current photos with this posting, I'm at work at the moment... I'll add some current pics when I check this from home. Thanks in advance!

Return to “Pajero”