injection pump, shock absorbers, brakes, flex plate

Does your Mitsubishi L300 make a strange noise? Need wheel alignment specs?
madibk
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: Delica L300 Starwagon 1992

injection pump, shock absorbers, brakes, flex plate

Post by madibk »

Hi everyone -- looking for advice re: recommendations made during mechanic inspection.

Delica 1992 L300 Starwagon

I've already opted do do all the minor things myself, but are any of these things easy to diy or best left to the pros?

Replace injection pump, shock absorbers (front and back), and brakes (pads, rotors, calibers), flex plate.

thanks in advance!
Morganizer
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: L300 Turbo Diesel Low Roof

Re: injection pump, shock absorbers, brakes, flex plate

Post by Morganizer »

I've replaced shocks, rear ones were a piece of cake. Front a little more involved. I think I posted that here, can't seem to find it to send you a link. But I had to compress the shocks with a nylon strap to get them in. Very pleased with my KYB shocks on the front. Monroe on the back; not my first choice, but went with what was available at the time.

Brakes pads, I've done the front, pretty easy. Rotors, I took to a garage, because of the added complexity of the front wheel drive hub assemblies. You'll find that the front brake rotors are not in the Brakes section of the manual, but in the Front Hub section, for this reason. Requires a special tool, and a fishing scale (no joke) to measure the rotational force correctly during reassembly. Being that I am not a fisherman, this is where I draw the line. Besides, while I do most of the work on my vehicle myself, I've been happy with the work and service at Minit-Tune Brake and Auto Centres the odd time I've needed a mechanic's touch.

Return to “L300 Technical”