A/T Temp light 1995 Delica L300

Does your Mitsubishi L300 make a strange noise? Need wheel alignment specs?
IslandWander
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: Delica L300

A/T Temp light 1995 Delica L300

Post by IslandWander »

Hello. About 4 months ago my A/T temp light came on. I replaced the sensor and did a full transmission fluid flush as the old fluid was..well..old. The light has come on again today and is stuck on. The fluid is topped up. Now the fluid is not exactly pink but it is certainly not burnt. No heavy driving at all in the past 4 months. Thanks!
lrp374
Vehicle: 91 Super Exceed

Re: A/T Temp light 1995 Delica L300

Post by lrp374 »

I don't have any answers but I do have a few questions. I have looked @ the info in the manuals I have access to and really can't find anything to pass on. So here are my questions:
1. Is your transmissions operating properly?

2. Do you still have the old sensor?

3. When you talk about a flush was it a complete flush including the transmission cooler?

When I got my van I was told to never do a flush. The reason given was it could dislodge vanish build-up which could plug up portions of the system. I was told to simply drain the transmission and refill with new fluid. Do this a few times over a period of time ( depending on mileage ) and you would have new fluid without the danger of a flush. I think it takes about 3 times to get basically new fluid.
I hope this gives you something to think about and hopefully find an answer.

Larry
IslandWander
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: Delica L300

Re: A/T Temp light 1995 Delica L300

Post by IslandWander »

Hi there. Thanks for the response.

-The transmission runs great. I figure it is faulty wiring or another faulty sensor. It is unfortunate because I replaced the sensor recently.

-By flush I mean just emptied the old fluid and replaced it with new fluid.

Return to “L300 Technical”