Engine Miss behaving !!

Does your Mitsubishi L300 make a strange noise? Need wheel alignment specs?
Super Mario
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: Delica Starwagon

Engine Miss behaving !!

Post by Super Mario »

Hello Everyone. I have a bit of a strange problem and could do with some help. My L300 developed all the symptoms of a cracked head, with the pressurization of the radiator overflow as the final analysis being totally correct !! So I have fitted a Brand new complete cylinder head, all went back together nicely, especially after a long arduous fight with seized head studs !! but new head + head studs + injectors + full gasket set she is all put back together.... So here is my problem, according to my pyro gauge its running really HOT !! and it appears as though i have a lot of crankcase pressure, so much that its actually blowing oil out of my dipstick hole !!! Please anyone, point me in the right direction of what this could be, i do not really want to tear it all back down again, but alas if i cannot get any answers to this little problem then i might not have a choice.
My mechanical skills are pretty darn good this is about the Tenth or so engines that i have torn down and rebuilt, so i do know my way around a wrench set. This one has got me scratching my head.

Regards to All
Mario
Morganizer
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: L300 Turbo Diesel Low Roof

Re: Engine Miss behaving !!

Post by Morganizer »

Just off the top of my head, I seem to remember something about a clogged EGR valve resulting in the dipstick being blown out. Look into that.

Another test you can do...though the results may be unpleasant. Run the engine with the radiator filer cap removed. If it's puffing when each cylinder fires, it means there's a leak between the high-pressure of the crank case and the low pressure of the coolant channels. Seeing as you just replaced a cracked head, there may also be damage in the engine block. This may also result in brownish radiator coolant, and white smoke in the exhaust.

Return to “L300 Technical”