Beef for Enviroimports

Forum rules
Please refer to Site Rule 1.1.1 prior to posting in this forum.
RichD

Beef for Enviroimports

Post by RichD »

Tried to do business with Noel.

- no phone number on website
- email communications unprofessional and tardy, at times seemingly hostile for a commercial exchange
- no phone number provided by Noel in any emails, never once would speak with me and refused to meet in person
- made it clear that he didn't value my business
- pricing inconsistent
- he calls a production run a "waiting list" which is laughable
- after corresponding for 12 days still never got a straight answer on whether he could deliver or when
- ultimately went somewhere else because he made it so much more convenient than dealing with him

I've been discouraged from dealing with Noel but I had no idea it was this bad. He has complete contempt for people which is the antithesis of sales. Quite literally he resents having to interact with you in order to take your money. In turn he wants to charge a premium for his product and touts quality but refuses to show you anything to support his claims. Oh and pay in advance btw.

I can't comment on the work of his fabricator because I never had the pleasure of actually seeing something finished or even high res photos of what he is selling.

My advice is to stay away from this misanthrope.
Mr. Flibble
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1995 L400 Royal Exceed

Re: Beef for Enviroimports

Post by Mr. Flibble »

Canadian living in Washington USA
RichD

Post by RichD »

The point is a serious review not a flame. The beefs and bouquets are a valuable reputation check for locals.

I made my concerns clear to the vendor and he blew it off. I believe that poor service deserves poor review. A considerate vendor might even reply and take some care in the future when dealing with new customers.

Please don't turn it into a joke.
Mr. Flibble
Vehicle: 1995 L400 Royal Exceed

Post by Mr. Flibble »

RichD wrote:The point is a serious review not a flame. The beefs and bouquets are a valuable reputation check for locals.

I made my concerns clear to the vendor and he blew it off. I believe that poor service deserves poor review. A considerate vendor might even reply and take some care in the future when dealing with new customers.

Please don't turn it into a joke.

It is a fair point, I put in multiple emails to Noel trying to get blanking plates, and even bought a part to be welded to plate for my pyro at his suggestion; but like you after numerous emails over a few months I was unable to get the plates and my pyro has never been mounted. So, I am in no way turning this into a joke; however, your style of writing (IMO) carries the tone of a flame.
Canadian living in Washington USA
lettereleven
Vehicle: L400 Super Exceed

Post by lettereleven »

I feel compelled to contribute to this thread, but do so somewhat reluctantly for a few reasons. Mostly because I feel like a complete knob for my ill-placed faith in humanity. I dont want to make a novel out of this post so here is the punchline: From an personal perspective Noel is great- very knowledgeable and friendly. However, that said, I would also offer cautionary advice to any prospective customer of Enviroimports.

Whereas other may have bought (or intended to buy) components from Noel, I bought an entire van; an expensive van. Being new, I wanted a van in stellar condition so I could have a bit of time to figure it out before it needed some attention (read: additional money spent). It warrants mentioning that Noel was selling the van on behalf of his friend/acquaintance. My van was advertised on paper, and subsequently at great length in person, as "immaculately maintained", "maintenance always done at shop as owner it technically challenged", "meticulous about keeping receipts".

I soon discovered that this was definitely not the case. A few things I have found since purchase (1 month ago):
1) 35" tires were so worn that when I downsized, the tire guy strongly recommended that I dont sell them as the sidewall was so cracked that they would likely explode.
2) lift kit component had sheared off hence causing the prevalent pull to the left.
3) emergency brake cable seized and irreparable
4) emergency brake shoes worn to the metal
5) tie rods inner/outer all needed replacing.
6) watermelon sized hole in muffler.
7) power steering leaking
8) air filter hadnt been changed since ... I dont know but the one I took off was absolutely revolting.
9) front wiper blades all broken

Maybe all that is "normal", but to me, I was left with the distinct impression that the van had not been taken care of the way it was advertised. Knowing what I know now, I would still have bought the van (I absolutely love it), but I would have done a proper inspection [insert ill-placed faith in humanity here], insisted upon actually seeing the receipts and adjusted the price accordingly.

There is more to say about the van and the interaction, but I think the point it made. If you need to know more about it, you can pm me.

J
sigurross
Vehicle: Delica l300

Post by sigurross »

If it was advertised as "needing some tlc" and was a good price I would say that is normal. However, buying a van described as "immaculately maintained" at top dollar I would expect it to be just that.

Brakes worn down to metal is not what I would consider "immaculately maintained", not even half assly maintained!

Thanks for the insight guys.
Slimdog
Vehicle: 2000 L300 LWB

Post by Slimdog »

I have never met any of these people. But I have been in the custom fabrication business before and I would say asking for money up front is the only way to do business. So many ways to get screwed if you don't and many many people will try and screw you out of money which for a small business man if very tough. I also think a waiting list is a good idea to keep costs down.

But like you say if he is not a friendly and on time with correspondence then its easy to find another place to do the work.

But really you haven't done business with the guy so its kinda hard for me to respect your decision to slag him.

lettereleven did you get an independent pre purchase inspection done on the van before you bought it?
RichD

Post by RichD »

Slimdog wrote:I have never met any of these people. But I have been in the custom fabrication business before and I would say asking for money up front is the only way to do business. So many ways to get screwed if you don't and many many people will try and screw you out of money which for a small business man if very tough. I also think a waiting list is a good idea to keep costs down.
Since there is so much demand for these racks maybe a wise approach would be to make a few in advance. I would pay a surcharge to have the product in hand same day. Heck I would have been more inclined to pay in advance if I could have seen even one rack and inspected the work for myself. Even a phone call would have been a confidence improver. I could not find a single positive testimonial to make me feel secure about giving this person my money. Add to this his attitude. It pissed me off.

But, as it turns out I have Noel to thank for motivating me to keep looking because I scored a kickass set of crossbars, way better than what he makes. I'm going to start importing them and make a point of offering up a cheap alternative to unreliable fabricators and crappy/expensive steel racks.
RichD

Post by RichD »

So I saw the need and I found the solution. These go on sale next week.
richdracks.jpg
richdracks.jpg (70.32 KiB) Viewed 6300 times
Richard Dagenais

Return to “Dealer Feedback, Beefs, and Bouquets”