Three good places to service your Dellie...

Forum rules
Please refer to Site Rule 1.1.1 prior to posting in this forum.
Drumster
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: '94 L400 diesel

Three good places to service your Dellie...

Post by Drumster »

I try not to let anyone else's feelings or viewpoints taint my own. It's not that others don't have valid opinions but I prefer to make my own observations and form my own opinions based on my own experience. The following is simply my opinion:

--I went to Japanoid after first getting my van; mostly because they were closest to me. I asked for very specific work to be done and was treated well and the work performed was fine; great that they're open weekends too. James is a regular, run-of-the mill Canadian born white-bread guy like my self: No frills: Nothing fancy: What you see is what you get. Straight ahead. All good.

--Later, I went to CVI. Butch drove me back to Sky Train as well as picked me up there when I returned to pick up my van. Butch was very friendly and "Dellie Tuned" me up nicely. Butch is from the Philippines. I've worked very closely with a number of Filpinos in various capacities over many years. I dated a Filipina lady for a year way back when. At risk of over-generalizing, and of course one can always find exceptions -- but I can honestly say that as a culture, Filipinos, IMO, are some of the warmest, most sincere and hardest working people you'll ever meet.

--Most recently I went to Rising Sun and met father & son Steven and David. They were accommodating and knowledgable and did exactly what I asked for at a competitive price. David (I think it was) also noticed and pointed out a part that needed replacing which no one else had caught. Steven & David are from South Korea. They are very intelligent, well educated and well traveled. They've come here from an entirely different culture from what we know, with their own understandings and viewpoints on the world and they are making an adjustment which I'm sure is not easy. They're good people.

Each of these are good places to do business with. Your results may vary but that's my own personal experience.

Regardless of how anyone comes across online it's always best to meet them in person before making judgements. Anyone can get upset. Anyone can feel misunderstood. Anyone can say things they wish they hadn't. Life on Earth is problematic; always has been. Communication is the universal solvent.

I have no complaints with any of these people and would not hesitate to return to any of them for more work on my L400. Work I can do myself is quite limited and actually, I wouldn't even own a JDM vehicle if there weren't people like these offering their services. Variety and competition are good. Let's enjoy it!

:-D
I'm here to learn.
macro
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: L400 "The Invader"

Re: Three good places to service your Dellie...

Post by macro »

I absolutely agree, I had work done on the van at CVI and Japanoid before I moved and had great experiences with both. Since living in Ontario I've ordered some parts from Rising Sun at a decent price and were shipped immediately. All in all, good things.

Return to “Dealer Feedback, Beefs, and Bouquets”