Shed some light on Kei King

Forum rules
Please refer to Site Rule 1.1.1 prior to posting in this forum.
fexlboi
Member's Photo Album: http://dinoevo.de
Vehicle: -

Shed some light on Kei King

Post by fexlboi »

Sorry to bring this subject up again, but as a former customer of Kei King I want to give my feedback.

A while ago I bought clear tail lights for a Mitsubishi Delica l300 from Jason Green, the guy behind Kei King http://www.keiking.com
Many members probably know him better as Wetcoast, Gerry.S, Konnichiwa, Reality check 1, Reality check 2, Ken King or g.savelle2. I know, I know he likes to hide his identity behind several user names.
Anyway, he stated in several emails and phone calls that these lights are DOT or e-code but as we met there was no proof on the lights at all. No marking, no sticker, nothing. Just a plain, none branded light.
Kei King could not explain why there is no marking, but he promised to provide me with a letter from his supplier in Taiwan that the clear tail lights are e code and built to the legal specifications. Obviously Kei King couldn't get a letter and the conversation went on like that:
Hello, The letter I have is watermarked from my supplier. I will get them to make me another one. - Jason
Then Kei King even wants me to contact DEPO myself to get a legal letter for a knock-off light :? I'm pretty sure DEPO would be very happy to provide it for their competitors 8-)
Yes I received email back from the supplier. The lights are indeed built to spec. If you need a letter you need to contact Depo directly using the contact form on their page. They will send you an appropriate letter. The white markings found on the back of the lense are only found on the lights purchased through Depo USA however the lights all use the same moulding. I bought mine directly from Taiwan....
And the latest coup is Kei King recommended to sell the DOT clear tail lights on ebay
...why not resell them on ebay. I am sure you will have no problem finding a buyer either in Canada, US or worldwide.
Anyway, I knew the lights are not DOT right as we met, but I just like the look of them. The only thing what piss me off is the fact that Kei King is constantly lying at me with his e code statements. I thought potential customers of Kei King http://www.keiking.com should know about it.
Golf Cart
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1992 Exceed

Re: Shed some light on Kei King

Post by Golf Cart »

I was interested in some pods that he had. He wanted me to send him the money via PayPal and then he'd meet me at a mall parking lot. WTF? I was trying to give him the benifit of so much doubt.

I politely told him that I would pay cash, no PayPal or anything like that, to which he went on about how safe , and didnt need to be signed. And for 10 bucks more he could have them shipped to my door

I finally thanked him for his time and that was the end of it. I'm not in tha habit of buying sight unseen, especially used parts, nor do I get a positive fuzzy feeling meeting somebody with less that a moderate track record in a mall parking lot after sending money. Shite, that how I used to buy speakers back in the day. Sound like he took a business course from the Nigerian Lottery Corporation
By the time you realize that my signature has no real message or life altering words of wisdom, you're too far into it to stop reading until you are finished
jessef
Vehicle: JDM flavour of the month

Post by jessef »

I had the pleasure of accidentally meeting him in person at an insurance place a while ago.

He is rude in person to others and has some kind of ego thing going on.

I didn't want to get involved, however I opened my ears. A person was there with him and asking normal Delica-esque questions which I'm assuming was the buyer.

Because I'm familiar with the manager at the insurance place, I asked the manager if they needed any help as there was an odd situation going on that the manager has not encountered before.

Jason (Kei king) had a Delica that was registered in Ontario the day before.

The Delica was in front of the insurance place the next day (when I was in there).

If the Delica was registered in Ontario, then ICBC would pick it's reg tags up in their system (all vehicles in North America - Canada/US gov/insurers can access a NA database to check vehicles registered in other provinces/states).

The manager's system did not see the Delica registered in Canada. Called ICBC and they couldn't see it either.

Jason said it's because it was registered yesterday.

I'm thinking to myself, if the van was registered yesterday in Ontario, how can it physically be in BC the following day ?

The manager did not have an answer for that.

On top of this, the weight on the 'legit' registration papers was 1,600 kg.

I told the manager that this is not the weight for the Delica.

I gave the correct weight and Jason seemed pissed off that I would do that.

I told the buyer that liability issues can arise if the vehicle reg specs are not correct.

They talked ,etc.. etc... and I did my business and left.

That whole scenario was very sketchy.

A Delica registered in Ontario the day before.
The same Delica somehow got beamed over to BC overnight.
A registration paper that didn't look legit
A registration paper that didn't have the proper vehicle specs on it

It was weird.
mararmeisto
Vehicle: 2018 Ram EcoDiesel

Post by mararmeisto »

I thought the fact he had to use multiple aliases to interact on this forum was indication enough of his 'character'. And that's all I have to say about that...
JPL
I still miss my '94 Pajero!
psilosin
Vehicle: L400

Post by psilosin »

He is also over on the MiniTruckTalk.com forum and seems just as well liked over there.
Green1
Vehicle: 1994 L400 Royal Exceed PF8W

Post by Green1 »

I actually defended him when he first appeared on the forum quite a while ago, at the time I felt he was being unfairly judged on here (his only crime at the time was advertising vehicle costs in US Dollars instead of Canadian, which, while odd, I didn't feel warranted him being raked over the coals)

Later, after many other posts where people asked about him, and I realized that nobody had any real experience with him. I decided I should put my money where my mouth was, I had defended him, and as I was in the market for a new vehicle, I felt I should give him a chance.

I looked on his website and saw an interesting looking L400 which he advertised as being in mint condition, so far so good. I sent him a PM on this forum asking questions about it, and about his service, such as asking what services were included in the advertised price (I asked if he included DOT lights, if he did any servicing on the vehicles, and if so, what exactly, I also asked him about an odd looking bit on one of the pictures (I couldn't tell from the picture if it was just a weird reflection, of if this "mint condition" vehicle had a large spot above the windshield where all the paint had faded/rubbed off))

I got no reply. Fair enough I thought, maybe he doesn't check the forum that often. So I checked for contact information on his website and found an email form to inquire about vehicles, I sent the same questions. These were all worded politely, and with the right answers to some of these questions, he was almost guaranteed a sale.

I again got no reply. I actually sent yet another message asking questions, and still got no reply.

Shortly thereafter a discussion popped up on this forum in one of his "for sale" threads where I tried again to get his attention, and again, I was nothing but cordial and polite.
The response I got back was anything but polite, he told me I should stop wasting his time, that he wouldn't answer any questions from anyone, about anything, and that I wasn't "serious" about buying a vehicle anyway.

The next week I bought an L400 from a reputable dealer instead.

Things continued to go downhill from there, it was the first time I had seen him show what we now know to be his true colours. How anyone stays in business by continually lying to, ignoring, and insulting potential customers is completely beyond me.

Any time I have asked about ANYTHING on his products, he insults me for daring to ask a question, this tells me that he really doesn't think I'll like the answer!

Just to be clear, I have no problem with a dealer selling a vehicle that hasn't had the servicing done, or that hasn't had compliance done. This is not the issue I have with him. The problem I have is that he refuses to even tell you if servicing will be done, that he won't tell you if compliance is done.

When asked about tail lights he wouldn't say if they were DOT approved, again, I am ok with people selling non DOT parts, but ONLY if they are up front about it. If the dealer is honest, then anything else falls on the customer, if the dealer lies, it's them that are at fault.

The "King" (or whatever name he is using this week) will quite likely end up in court at some point here, his blatant misrepresentations, and outright lies really invite a lawsuit, or worse.
delicat
Vehicle: '92 Exeed '93 Safari '94 Pajero

Post by delicat »

Hopefully this will help someone down the road.
I hope most people get the picture by now and we can let this post R.I.P.
Time to get back to our positive vibes.

Thanks for all the input and happy Delica to everyone!
'93 Nissan Patrol
'94 Mitsubishi Pajero

"If it ain't broken, modify it!"
kei-king

Post by kei-king »

Trying to "review" my RHD wholesale business based on an $80 tail light sale?? That's almost as bad as the other people trying to "review" me that have never done business with me. Anyways, I am not even in the parts business. If I can help someone out once and a while I will try. I just tried to help this guy out because I saw he was trying to source out these specific tail lights that are only availble in Australia or if you order direct from Taiwan.

He thorougly inspected the lights in person before giving me the cash. He saw they had no markings. Now I see he is posting because he is concerned with E-code??? If he was so concerned why did I see his Delica on the road in Vancouver a few days ago with my tail lights installed? By his own omission above he "loves the look". No wonder he never emailed me to ask for his money back. I even heard from my mechanic friend that his van passed the provincial inspection with my tail lights installed. What a weak attempt at a personal attack!!
kei-king

Post by kei-king »

jfarsang wrote:I had the pleasure of accidentally meeting him in person at an insurance place a while ago.

I didn't want to get involved, however I opened my ears. A person was there with him and asking normal Delica-esque questions which I'm assuming was the buyer.

Because I'm familiar with the manager at the insurance place, I asked the manager if they needed any help as there was an odd situation going on that the manager has not encountered before.

The Delica was in front of the insurance place the next day (when I was in there).

If the Delica was registered in Ontario, then ICBC would pick it's reg tags up in their system (all vehicles in North America - Canada/US gov/insurers can access a NA database to check vehicles registered in other provinces/states).

The manager's system did not see the Delica registered in Canada. Called ICBC and they couldn't see it either.

I'm thinking to myself, if the van was registered yesterday in Ontario, how can it physically be in BC the following day ?

I told the buyer that liability issues can arise if the vehicle reg specs are not correct.

It was weird.
This is false and a smear. Ontario?? I have only been there once in my life. As for weight, I just go by what our CERTIFIED trucking scale (accurate within 10lbs) at my shop says. We ended up using what was on the Japanese Export Certificate. Please call Mitsuko (Manager) at Ironwood Insurance Richmond (broker in question) if you have any questions about my business dealings with them. Many happy customers. Never one turned away because of problem. Everyone leaves with a smile.
loki
Vehicle: 1994 Delica Royal Exceed

Post by loki »

kei-king wrote:
jfarsang wrote:I had the pleasure of accidentally meeting him in person at an insurance place a while ago.

It was weird.
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah [/b]
wow I can't believe your back at it.
mararmeisto
Vehicle: 2018 Ram EcoDiesel

Post by mararmeisto »

Dagnabit! I just left the grocery store and forgot to pickup some popcorn... :shock:
JPL
I still miss my '94 Pajero!
mark
Site Admin
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos
Vehicle: 1994 L400

Post by mark »

Thank you to all who have e-mailed / PM regarding their concerns over this thread.

As the dealer in question is no longer a member of our forum, I have locked this thread.

Mark

Return to “Dealer Feedback, Beefs, and Bouquets”