Cross Canada tour under way

4x4 trips to Mexico, to the ski hill, or to the local grocery store...

Moderator: mark

Duli
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 95 L400 Space Gear Super Exceed LWB

Cross Canada tour under way

Post by Duli »

Just a short note. We've been on the road from Vancouver since July 23 in a mixed camping/family & friends visiting/moteling trip across our majestic country (man, Canada is huge!) Currently in Ottawa. I'll try to post some of our interesting stops when I can.

It's been a fun drive with an ever changing landscape (we took the northern route from Edmonton to Kenora, so the prairiesdidn't get boring) in a variety of weather conditions. Last night we were slowed down by intense lightening storms on highway 17 south of Pembroke. The L400 has behaved beautifully, except that at our last diesel stop I noticed a badly worn front left tire. She had been pulling to the right, so I'm guessing alignment problems (hopefully not worse). We'll be in Montreal in a couple of days where I'd like to do an oil change, buy 2 new front tires and have the alignment checked. Any suggestions where I could find a Delica friendly mechanic there would be welcome.
philmeup1
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1992 Delica

Re: Cross Canada tour under way

Post by philmeup1 »

Hey man,

I'm in Peterborough Ontario about 5 hours from Montreal. I've got a great mechanic/friend here. He's a Master VW mechanic at the local dealership. He's worked on my Delica L300 with no problems. A worn tire is a pretty generic fix though. Same with the alignment and oil change. You'll need the alignment specs if u can get them.

If you're touring around, I'll be at a VW campout with my Deli next week from the 9th till the 17th. It's at the Selwyn Beach Conservation just minutes north of Peterborough. Everyone's super cool and friendly at these things. And all vehicles are welcome. The beach is sweet too...

Happy travels 8-)

Return to “Member Trips”