Delica vandalized in Calgary

Topics may eventually be moved to other Delica Canada forums.

Moderators: BCDelica, mark

turf'd
Vehicle: 92 Delica Wondervan

Delica vandalized in Calgary

Post by turf'd »

Well, early this morning I wake up from dreams of skiing (where I had planned to go today) to the sound of a loud crashing noise. I look outside and a guy is throwing a metal trashcan at the passenger's side sliding door window of my Delica. Repeatedly. I hastily dress, grab a ski pole as some sort of ill-conceived self defence and run out of the house. I can hear yelling down the alley and as I run towards it (most inadvisable) I see 4 guys walking away half a block down.

The cops came, got my info and heard from the source of the yelling. It was another guy who saw the same group throw something heavy through the rear window of his car who had also decided to give chase. He had some good info for the cops, and by the time the details had been taken down for the police report they said they'd managed to catch one of the ne'er-do-wells. It was a gratifyingly efficient bit of policing, and I have nothing but nice things to say about the way the whole thing was handled.

Sadly though, the window on the Bork was fully smashed, and the rear side window is heavily damaged by their failed attempts at breaking the window.

This means that I need to find a replacement window. Does anyone know where to get one? It's the regular, single piece window, not the split ones.

I would very much appreciate any information on this so I can get a window in before it snows.

Thanks, may your weekends have been better than mine!
Luna-Sea
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 90xeed+91cmnix,bth5spdz

Re: Delica vandalized in Calgary

Post by Luna-Sea »

OUCH!

Mardy at AMAZING IMPORTS vancouver 604-247-2111
Japanoid in Vancouver 604-759-2571
J-cruisers in armstrong bc 250-546-9805

There are probably more closer to you hopefully,sorry to hear about!

Hang in there!
konadog
Vehicle: 1992 GLX L-300

Post by konadog »

Bummer - it's great that booze is our most popular intoxicant eh? Brings out the best in people, esp. youg lads... :? And to add to Luna-Sea's list, try ccautos for a used window. Good luck!
Happy Day!
turf'd

Post by turf'd »

Thanks for the great info konadog & Luna-Sea, I appreciate it. Hopefully I can source a new window quickly. Senseless acts of destruction, so disruptive and a great pain in the ass. And we all know how useless insurance is about these things...

Cheers though, and may all your Delicas remain unmolested.

-turf'd
MardyDelica
Vehicle: DL#30843 /92 Delica Super Exceed

Post by MardyDelica »

Hi, sadly to hear that from you, fell the frustration:
i do have passenger window sliding window available with newly tinted .customer swap it with the sliding window.
let me know if you need it.
Cheers;
Mardy
ImageImageImage
madmazda
Vehicle: 1994 l400

Post by madmazda »

yes now that it's snowing here this am hope you get it soon...cheers....R
mararmeisto
Vehicle: 2018 Ram EcoDiesel

Post by mararmeisto »

Bummer on the window/door dude! :-( That hurts. I hope you're able to effect repairs at a reasonable price (i.e. not an arm AND a leg).
JPL
I still miss my '94 Pajero!
turf'd

Post by turf'd »

A side note: at 8am this morning there was no snow anywhere. There's now 2 inches and falling thicker every moment. So as long as I can find a window and someone with a flux-capacitor enabled transport, this problem will have already been solved hours ago!

I was looking forward to rippin' around in the snow too...
JMK
Vehicle: 92 Chamonix

Post by JMK »

I was looking forward to rippin' around in the snow too
Speaking of FLux Lines, hopefully that also means you also got a transceiver that will sort out a Flux Salad, the powder is definetly building here in Banff and the Deli will be heading for Bow Summit tomorrow.
TardisDeli
Vehicle: 1991 L300. 1997 L300.

Post by TardisDeli »

So sad bout your Deli. Glen at cc autos (Coombs Country Autos in Comox) hi online if is ccauto, 250-954-2157. Highly likely to have both windows, and always low prIces. I had to replace one of my windows, so make sure you save your screw caps for bolting the window in (the outside of the screw cap has the plastic cover which is integrated into the screw), or order more from glen if they got bent. Very simple to install the window, just need someone to hold it in place while you screw the caps in. Glen probably not checking email till monday. Cheers, Christine.

Return to “General Discussion”